Happy Henz is a family farm owned and operated by Alex Henze, James Henze and Susan Blake Henze.
We use sustainable agricultural methods to cultivate pastures for sheep, goats and chickens. Our hens range from heritage breeds to everyday layers providing some of the tastiest eggs around.
The goats are clearing the way for more pastures to sustain the sheep and hens. Rotational grazing ensures everyone has something good to eat.
Our livestock guardian dogs Atlas, Jill and Samson protect everything.
There is a well-established wood shop as well as a guitar and amplifier shop on the property.
Be sure to come by for a wood-fired pizza made from our hand-made clay pizza oven.
Find more information at: https://www.facebook.com/Happy-Henz-165613586794602
150 Henze Lane / Rock Mills, VA 22716
NOTE: There is a challenging, steep, mile-long gravel road leading to Happy Henz Farm.
- From Little Washington take Lee Hwy (U.S.-211) west toward Sperryville
- Left on Rock Mills Rd. The road narrows down toward the river.
- Turn right on Whorton Hollow and cross the bridge.
- Take the first left on Henze Ln.
- Stay left on Henze Ln. at all forks.
- Happy Henz Farm is at the end of the road.
Artisans Joining Happy Henz:
- Local felting artist Jenni Kvarnes Doyle will be doing demonstrations
- Cat Rescue organization Rappcats will be present with information
Farm Tour Weekend Schedule:
We will be serving hand made Pizzas from our clay oven from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. both days.
- Self guided tours of small grain fields, pumpkin patch, hops.
- Goats, chicken, ducks, and turkeys available to see and some to pet.
- Wood shop and guitar making studio.
- Threshing, corn shelling demonstrations
- Pizzas from our hand-made clay oven.
Kid friendly? Yes.
Pet friendly? No (Livestock and Livestock guardian dogs on-site)
Handicap Accessible? No