TIPS FOR A SAFE FARM TOUR EXPERIENCE
Remember, these farms are peoples’ homes and their livelihoods. Please treat them with respect.
- Farming happens rain or shine, and so does the Farm Tour!
- Please leave pets at home (many of our Farms are not dog-friendly)
- Don’t rely on cell phones – much of our county does not have cell signal
- Wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the farms – closed toe shoes, no flip-flops
- Be careful of barbed wire & electric fencing
- Park only in designated areas on the farms
- Be careful driving on gravel roads and driveways
- Reference the Guidebook for restrooms and wifi
- Beware of Livestock Guardian dogs – these working dogs take their job of protecting livestock very seriously
- Beware of farm cats
- Do not pet animals behind fencing
- Do not feed animals without farmer permission
- Do not chase animals
- Please be mindful of your children and our venues’ posted schedules